Looking for the best laptops for artists in 2017? Well, you’ve come to the right place! As an expert in the field, I have done extensive research to help you find the perfect laptop that suits your artistic needs. Whether you’re a graphic designer, illustrator, or digital artist, having a reliable and powerful laptop is crucial to bring your creative visions to life.
In today’s fast-paced digital world, artists require laptops that can handle resource-intensive tasks such as photo editing, graphic design software, and high-resolution rendering. That’s why it’s important to invest in a laptop with robust specifications. Look for models with ample RAM (at least 8GB or more), a powerful processor (such as Intel Core i5 or i7), and a dedicated graphics card for smooth multitasking and lag-free performance.
When it comes to displays, opt for laptops with high-resolution screens and accurate color reproduction. This will ensure that your artwork looks vibrant and true-to-life. Touchscreen capabilities can also be beneficial for artists who prefer working directly on their screens using stylus pens.
Best Laptops for Artists 2017
When it comes to choosing the best laptop for artists in 2017, display quality is a crucial factor to consider. A high-quality display can greatly enhance an artist’s workflow and ensure accurate color representation. In this section, we’ll delve into three important aspects of display quality: resolution and color accuracy, screen size for detailed work, and contrast ratio and brightness.
Resolution and Color Accuracy
A laptop with a high-resolution display is essential for artists who require precise detail in their work. The higher the resolution, the more pixels there are on the screen, resulting in sharper images and finer details. Look for laptops with at least Full HD (1920×1080) resolution or higher.
Color accuracy is equally important for artists as it ensures that the colors displayed on the screen match real-life hues. Look for laptops that offer wide color gamut coverage such as Adobe RGB or sRGB. These standards provide a larger range of colors to work with, enabling artists to create vibrant and lifelike artwork.
Screen Size for Detailed Work
The screen size plays a significant role in an artist’s ability to focus on intricate details while working on their art projects. While larger screens provide more room to work with, they may not be as portable or convenient for those who frequently travel. On the other hand, smaller screens might compromise visibility when working on complex designs or illustrations.
Consider your preferences and requirements when selecting a laptop based on its screen size. A 15-inch display strikes a good balance between portability and ample workspace, but some artists may prefer larger screens like 17 inches if detailed work is their primary focus.
Contrast Ratio and Brightness
An ideal laptop display should have a high contrast ratio and brightness level to accurately represent shadows, highlights, and gradients in artwork. A higher contrast ratio ensures deeper blacks and brighter whites, providing better distinction between different shades.
Brightness is particularly crucial if you work in environments with varying lighting conditions. Look for laptops that offer a high nits rating, as it indicates a brighter display that remains visible even under bright sunlight or well-lit rooms.
When it comes to finding the best laptops for artists in 2017, one crucial aspect to consider is graphics performance. As an artist, you rely heavily on your laptop’s ability to handle demanding graphic-intensive tasks such as digital art creation, photo editing, and 3D rendering. To ensure a smooth and seamless creative experience, here are some key factors to look out for in terms of graphics performance:
- Dedicated Graphics Card: A dedicated graphics card is essential for artists who work with complex visual content. It provides the necessary horsepower to handle resource-intensive software like Adobe Photoshop or Autodesk Maya. Look for laptops equipped with high-performance GPUs like NVIDIA GeForce GTX or AMD Radeon series.
- VRAM (Video RAM): The amount of VRAM plays a significant role in determining the laptop’s ability to handle large image files and render intricate 3D models efficiently. Aim for at least 4GB of VRAM or higher for optimal performance.
- Display Quality: A laptop with a high-resolution display offers better color accuracy and wider viewing angles, enabling you to see your artwork in all its glory. Look for laptops with IPS panels and resolutions of 1080p (Full HD) or higher.
- Color Accuracy: Artists require precise color representation while working on their projects. Look for laptops that offer wide color gamut coverage such as sRGB or Adobe RGB, ensuring accurate and vibrant colors.
- Refresh Rate: A higher refresh rate display ensures smoother visuals by reducing motion blur when working on fast-paced animations or videos.
Remember that while these specifications contribute to excellent graphics performance, they should be balanced with other factors such as processor power, storage capacity, and memory size depending on your specific artistic needs.